Busquets and Piqué bang the Barcelona drum for Nolito
The Barcelona defender described the Celta forward as a "bargain," and the midfielder has also called for the Camp Nou to snap him up.
Spanish radio show Al Primer Toque has become something of a soap box for Nolito’s hopes of securing a move to Barcelona. After Gerard Piqué said on the programme that Nolito’s minimum release clause of 18 million euros represented a “bargain,” Sergio Busquets added his voice to chorus. “The ways things are today, 18 million euros only gets you one of a great player’s boots, so Nolito’s price is very attractive,” the midfielder said.
It appears clear that Nolito, who signed for Barcelona in 2008 and spent three years with Barça B, left a good impression in the dressing room. It is difficult to find a teammate who doesn’t have good things to say about Nolito and his understanding on the pitch in France with Busquets, Andrés Iniesta and Jordi Alba has piqued the interest of the Camp Nou board, who are lending serious consideration to meeting the player’s release clause.
Busquets was also asked about Lyon defender Samuel Umtiti, and admitted that since the 22-year-old has been linked with a summer move to Barcelona he had started to familiarize himself with the defender’s style of play. “Since I first heard about it I have watched him in several games, but I prefer not to say anything.”
Te recomendamos en English
- PORTUGAL Cristiano reaches new milestone: 700 career goals
- PREMIER LEAGUE Tottenham re-sign Michel Vorm as cover for injured Hugo Lloris
- VILLARREAL Giuseppe Rossi back at Villarreal
- LIGUE 1 Ligue 1: Rudy García replaces sacked Sylvinho at Lyon
- NEYMAR Neymar: PSG issue update on Brazil star's hamstring injury
- REAL MADRID Robbie Fowler: "Klopp turned down Manchester United and Real Madrid"