Busquets and Piqué bang the Barcelona drum for Nolito
The Barcelona defender described the Celta forward as a "bargain," and the midfielder has also called for the Camp Nou to snap him up.
Spanish radio show Al Primer Toque has become something of a soap box for Nolito’s hopes of securing a move to Barcelona. After Gerard Piqué said on the programme that Nolito’s minimum release clause of 18 million euros represented a “bargain,” Sergio Busquets added his voice to chorus. “The ways things are today, 18 million euros only gets you one of a great player’s boots, so Nolito’s price is very attractive,” the midfielder said.
It appears clear that Nolito, who signed for Barcelona in 2008 and spent three years with Barça B, left a good impression in the dressing room. It is difficult to find a teammate who doesn’t have good things to say about Nolito and his understanding on the pitch in France with Busquets, Andrés Iniesta and Jordi Alba has piqued the interest of the Camp Nou board, who are lending serious consideration to meeting the player’s release clause.
Busquets was also asked about Lyon defender Samuel Umtiti, and admitted that since the 22-year-old has been linked with a summer move to Barcelona he had started to familiarize himself with the defender’s style of play. “Since I first heard about it I have watched him in several games, but I prefer not to say anything.”
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, My Turn...
- ROYAL FAMILY Prince Philip Funeral: what happened at the Duke of Edinburgh's Windsor ceremony?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: when are they being sent?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check for veterans: how to track and claim a missing payment
- MLS Carlos Vela gets mad at Bob Bradley for taking him off too early