Juve confirm: Morata heads to Madrid and Pogba not for sale
Giuseppe Marotta, the Serie A club's general director stated that the club had no intention of selling the French international player
Juventus director general, Giuseppe Marotta, has confirmed that Real Madrid are set to trigger their buy-back clause for Álvaro Morata in exchange for 30 million euro. "Real Madrid have informed us of their intention and we expect the paperwork to be concluded in a matter of days", acknowledged Marotta.
Despite this development, Morata's future is still uncertain with Real Madrid apparently changing their original plan to sell the 22 year old with England being a likely destination. Club officials have hinted that the current plan is for the Spanish international to remain at the Bernabeu next season. The player has stated that he doesn't want to have a secondary role despite Karim Benzema being Zinedine Zidane's leading first choice striker.
Marotta alos talked about Paul Pogba and reaffirmed that the Turin based club have no intention of selling the French player: "We have yet to receive a formal offer for the player but he is not for sale, he is a vital part of the present and future of Juventus. Paul is doing well here and is at a club where he can learn and develop".
The Juve director also confirmed that Dani Alves will arrive in Turin next week to undergo his medical and that the rumours linking Andres Gomes and Javier Mascherano with a move to the Italian side as "utopia".
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS $300 weekly unemployment benefits: situation in states across the US
- US ELECTIONS 2020 US Election 2020: how many people have voted so far vs 2016
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, Amy Barrett confirmed to Supreme Court, cases, deaths, updates today
- Champions League Borussia Monchengladbach - Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- B. MÖNCHENGLADBACH-REAL MADRID Zidane on Isco's complaints: "He wants to play"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Olympique Marseille vs Manchester City: how and where to watch - times, TV, online