Sevilla coach Sampaoli key to pursuit of Hatem Ben Arfa
The Argentinean coach has already spoken to the player to try and convince him to move to Seville, but plenty of other clubs are also interested.
Jorge Sampaoli could be the key to Sevilla landing Nice and France winger Hatem Ben Arfa. The Sánchez Pizjuán board are in negotiations and hope to partner Ben Arfa with his compatriot Kevin Gameiro next season but with other clubs also targeting the winger, who had a cracking season for his club, the figure of Sampaoli could be the decisive factor.
Ben Arfa’s agent, Michel Ouazine, laid out the current situation: “I can’t talk about it, but there is no concrete deal with any club at the moment.” More than 20 clubs have made an inquiry about Ben Arfa, who is out of contract at Nice, but he and his agent have whittled the list down to two or three, including Sevilla, who will aim to steal a march on their rivals as they did last summer in signing in-demand Ukraine winger Yevhen Konoplyanka ahead of other suitors.
Sampaoli has already spoken to Ben Arfa to try and convince him to opt for the Sánchez Pizjuán, where he will find himself among the club’s highest earners. Ben Arfa and his advisors consider the presence of Sampaoli to be an attractive proposition for Ben Arfa, in the same way Claude Puel was influential in securing his services for Nice. Sampaoli has also given assurances that Ben Arfa will command a regular place in the side.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Umtiti and Junior fit to return for Barcelona at Eibar
- International football Bulgaria-England: Balakov quits as fallout from clash continues
- BARCELONA Vidal on tattoos, his mo-hawk and some advice for Dembélé
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Rodrygo, Vinicius wanted by Brazil in January
- MANCHESTER UNITED Greenwood signs new Man United contract
- Serie A Ancelotti thanks De Laurentiis for clearing up Napoli 'lies'