Spain - Italy in the round of 16: Monday 27 at 18:00
Spain - Italy on Monday 27 at 18:00. The 2-1 defeat to Croatia means Spain now have a much tougher route to the final. Germany and France could well await.
Spain's unexpected 2-1 defeat to Croatia means Del Bosque's side finish second in Group D, which in turn means Spain will now face Italy in their round of 16 match. The game is scheduled for Monday 27 June at 18:00 in Saint Denis.
Spain face far tougher route to the final
Spain appeared to be on course to take top spot in Group D, but Ramos missed a penalty and Perisic popped up late on to grab a winner for Croatia. And being second in the group now means Spain have a much tougher potential route to the final.
Germany, then France or England
If Spain beat Italy, it's likely they'll face Germany in the quarter-finals, with Low's team facing a third place team, possibly Slovakia.
And if Spain get past Germany, it's likely they'll face a semi-final against France or England... a far cry from Switzerland, Wales, Poland who would have been waiting for them if they'd got a result against Croatia.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: which states have kept travel restrictions and which have lifted them?
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefit: Trump signs executive order
- Champions League Messi buys Barcelona a ticket to Lisbon
- Transfer market PSG focused on Mbappe, Neymar renewals over Cristiano Ronaldo
- Champions League Hector Herrera’s experience could help Atlético Madrid