Piqué denies bird-flip during anthem: "I was crossing fingers"
The Spain defender moved to quash controversy over a hand gesture during the anthem: "I have never lacked respect".
Gerard Piqué was swift to deny he had shown a lack of respect towards Spain before the Croatia game on Tuesday night, when television cameras picked up the defender appearing to flip the bird during the national anthem. “I think it’s stupid. If I’m here, it’s because I am proud of this team and this family. I did not in any way show a lack of respect towards the anthem, as I have never shown a lack of respect towards this country, or the national team. I hope we can all pull together. These controversies are a highway to nowhere.”
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: why is Arizona receiving praise from the White House?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV...
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Manchester City vs Real Madrid: Champions League preview
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane