La Gazzetta dello Sport on Wednesday reported that Sime Vrsaljko has agreed to join Atlético Madrid, pending official confirmation from the Calderón and Serie A side Sassuolo.
According to La Gazzetta, the Croatia defender passed a medical in France, where he is on international duty at Euro 2016. Vrsaljko played the full 90 minutes in his country’s 2-1 win over Spain on Tuesday at left back, although he usually operates on the right and can also play in midfield.
AS reported recently that Diego Simeone had identified Vrsaljko as a target to provide competition for Juanfran at right back and to have a first-class back-up for the Spain international. After a spectacular season in Serie A Vrsaljko had offers from several clubs, including Napoli, but has elected to join Atlético.
La Gazzetta reported the fee for the transfer would be 16 million euros plus two more in add-ons. Vrsaljko will sign a four-year deal with the option of a fifth and join up with Simeone’s squad for pre-season after the Euros.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Covid-19 vaccine in the US live updates: CDC says fully vaccinated no mask, guidelines, Ohio lottery...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is a payment coming? IRS tax return deadline, Child Tax Credit
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINATIONS Coronavirus US: is it possible to travel without restrictions after the vaccine?
- TAX DAY 2021 What time is the deadline on 17 May for tax filing 2021?
- 2021 TAX SEASON Tax Deadline 2021: how to file an extension
- US News Where to get 12-15 year old kids vaccinated in California