Cristiano and Ramos only players to miss pens at Euro 2016
After their Champions League final penalty heroics, Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos are the only players to miss from the spot at Euro 2016 in France
Real Madrid were proclaimed Champions League winners for the eleventh time just last month thanks to some expertly taken penalties. Each of Los Blancos’ five spot kicks against Atlético in Turin, taken by Vázquez, Ramos, Marcelo, Bale and Cristiano Ronaldo, was dispatched with aplomb.
Cristiano & Ramos miss
Four weeks later, and four of those Real stars find themselves in France at the European Championships, two of whom have already missed from 12 yards. Six penalties in total have been awarded so far at Euro 2016, but Cristiano Ronaldo and Sergio Ramos are the only players to fail in finding the back of the net.
Romania’s Stanciu has put away both of his, against France and Switzerland, while Necid (Czech Republic) and Sigurdsson (Iceland) also both have a 100% conversion rate with one from one each.
Bad luck or poor execution?
Cristiano Ronaldo, who has missed five penalties for club and country in 2015-16, smashed his spot-kick against the post in Portugal’s 0-0 draw with Austria in the 79th minute – meaning he is yet to get off the mark at the tournament. Sergio Ramos also had the chance to win the game for his side, but his effort was saved by Croatia keeper Subasic (who appeared to move illegally off his line).
Bad luck for the Real Madrid duo? Or just plain poor execution?
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 What is a 'contingent election' and what happens if Biden-Trump vote is tied?
- UNITED STATES USA election live online: Trump - Biden, coronavirus, stimulus checks, updates, breaking news
- US Election 2020 Electoral College map: which states have the most electors?
- USA election 2020 USA election 2020: where do I vote?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- US NEWS Will be there Black Friday in 2020 and when could it be?