Vardy turns down Arsenal to agree new Leicester deal
The England star has rejected an offer from the Gunners to commit his future to the Premier League champions, it was announced on Thursday.
- Champions League round of 16 second leg : Leicester vs Sevilla live online .
England striker Jamie Vardy has given Premier League champions Leicester City a huge boost after rejecting the advances of Arsenal to agree a new contract at the King Power Stadium.
Improved four-year contract
The Gunners had triggered the 29-year-old's release clause of £20 million earlier in June, with the North London club reportedly offering him wages of £120,000 a week.
But Vardy, who is currently on international duty at Euro 2016, has reached a deal with Leicester over an improved four-year agreement.
Deal to "end recent speculation"
"Both parties hope that this announcement will end recent speculation regarding Jamie's future and confirm his long term commitment to Leicester City Football Club," read a statement issued by the Foxes on Thursday.
Vardy, who had only signed a fresh Leicester deal in February, scored 24 league goals last season as Claudio Ranieri's side stunned their bigger rivals by winning the title by 10 points.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is an EIP card and how do I get one?
- CORONAVIRUS What US states have administered most covid-19 vaccines?
- NFL SUPER BOWL 2021 Have Packers, Bills, Chiefs & Buccaneers ever been in or won a Super Bowl?
- US NEWS $15 per hour minimum wage: who has supported and who has criticized the proposal?
- UNITED STATES Biden inauguration, Trump last full day as president, $1,400 stimulus check updates | Live
- CORONAVIRUS Third stimulus check: could $1,400 payment arrive in January?