Griezmann agrees new Atlético Madrid contract
Atlético announced on Thursday that the Frenchman has committed his future to the club in a deal that includes an increased buy-out clause.Roma vs Atlético Madrid live online coverage
Atlético Madrid have confirmed that forward Antoine Griezmann has extended his contract at the LaLiga side.
The new agreement sees the France international, who is currently with Les Bleus at Euro 2016, commit his future to Atlético until 2021.
Buy-out clause upped
The 25-year-old's fresh contract also includes an increased release clause, which is now set at 100 million euros.
The announcement puts an end to speculation surrounding a potential summer move away from the Vicente Calderón, with Griezmann recently linked with a host of major clubs.
Since joining from Real Sociedad in summer 2014, Griezmann has finished as the team's top scorer in both his seasons in the capital, netting 32 goals in all competitions in 2015/16.
"I'm very satisfied, very happy"
And he spoke of his delight as he reacted to the news, telling the Atlético website: "I'm very satisfied, very happy to keep belonging to this family and this project.
"I want to improve every year, and the club, the coaches and my teammates can help me to reach this goal."
"It's fantastic news"
Atleti's sporting director, José Luis Pérez Caminero, added: "I think it's fantastic news for all the atléticos.
"The club has a solid intention of keeping all the key players and Antoine is one of them, so we must congratulate ourselves for this renewal."
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo's gesture wipes $3.5bn off Coca-Cola's market value
- US NEWS Why is Juneteenth being considered a national holiday?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE California Vaccine Lottery: from which counties were the 15 June winners and how much did they win?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Novavax covid-19 vaccine: How effective is it and who will get it?