Olympiakos: Víctor Sánchez del Amo named new head coach
The ex-Deportivo La Coruña boss, who was fired by the Galician club in May, takes over from Marco Silva at the Greek champions.
Former Deportivo La Coruña boss Víctor Sánchez del Amo has been appointed as the new head coach of Olympiakos, the Greek champions have confirmed.
He replaces Portuguese coach Marco Silva, who resigned on Thursday after a single season in charge at the Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium.
Sánchez previously worked at the Piraeus-based outfit as assistant to fellow Spaniard Míchel.
Fired by Depor at season's end
The 40-year-old was sacked by Depor at the end of May after a poor second half to the LaLiga campaign saw the Galicians narrowly avoid relegation.
During his period as number two at Olympiakos, from February 2013 to June 2014, Sánchez helped the side to win two Greek league titles and one domestic cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- FINANCIAL FAIR PLAY Man City CAS ruling "a disaster" and the end of FFP - Mourinho
- MLS Chicharito: LA Galaxy striker takes blame for Portland defeat
- LIGA SANTANDER Real Madrid urge fans to stay at home if Zidane's side win Liga title
- Coronavirus Bihar lockdown in India: dates, guidelines and restrictions
- CORONAVIRUS Paycheck Protection Program (PPP): will I be taxed on my loan?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what is known about the July payment?