Olympiakos: Víctor Sánchez del Amo named new head coach
The ex-Deportivo La Coruña boss, who was fired by the Galician club in May, takes over from Marco Silva at the Greek champions.
Former Deportivo La Coruña boss Víctor Sánchez del Amo has been appointed as the new head coach of Olympiakos, the Greek champions have confirmed.
He replaces Portuguese coach Marco Silva, who resigned on Thursday after a single season in charge at the Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium.
Sánchez previously worked at the Piraeus-based outfit as assistant to fellow Spaniard Míchel.
Fired by Depor at season's end
The 40-year-old was sacked by Depor at the end of May after a poor second half to the LaLiga campaign saw the Galicians narrowly avoid relegation.
During his period as number two at Olympiakos, from February 2013 to June 2014, Sánchez helped the side to win two Greek league titles and one domestic cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022