Olympiakos: Víctor Sánchez del Amo named new head coach
The ex-Deportivo La Coruña boss, who was fired by the Galician club in May, takes over from Marco Silva at the Greek champions.
Former Deportivo La Coruña boss Víctor Sánchez del Amo has been appointed as the new head coach of Olympiakos, the Greek champions have confirmed.
He replaces Portuguese coach Marco Silva, who resigned on Thursday after a single season in charge at the Georgios Karaiskakis Stadium.
Sánchez previously worked at the Piraeus-based outfit as assistant to fellow Spaniard Míchel.
Fired by Depor at season's end
The 40-year-old was sacked by Depor at the end of May after a poor second half to the LaLiga campaign saw the Galicians narrowly avoid relegation.
During his period as number two at Olympiakos, from February 2013 to June 2014, Sánchez helped the side to win two Greek league titles and one domestic cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
- MANCHESTER UNITED Tahith Chong's agent suggests Manchester United exit
- IBIZA 1-2 BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings as Griezmann avoids Ibiza shock
- PREMIER LEAGUE Raiola discusses the "elephant in the room" with Pogba and United
- COPA DEL REY Unionistas 1-2 Real Madrid live online: Copa del Rey 2019/20
- Transfers Hazard, Griezmann and João Félix head up record 2019 transfer spend