Sakai and Bedimo on board at Olympique Marseille
Japanese defender Hiroki Sakai and Cameroonian left-back Henri Bedimo have both signed for Ligue 1 outfit Marseille, the French club confirmed today.
Japanese defender Hiroki Sakai and Cameroonian Henri Bedimo have both signed for Ligue 1 outfit Olympique de Marseille, the French club confirmed on Thursday.
Bedimo, a 32-year-old defender capped 32 times for Cameroon, has previously played for French clubs Toulouse, Le Havre, Châteauroux, Lens and Montpellier - where he won the French league title in 2012 - before spending three seasons at Olympique Lyonnais.
Defender Sakai, 26, arrives after four seasons at Hannover, who were relegated from the Bundesliga last season. Capped 27 times he becomes the second Japanese player to compete in Marseille - following in the footsteps of left-back Koji Nakata from 2005-2006.
Olympique, who finished 13th in Ligue 1 last season, did not give details of the duration of the contracts or the fees.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Unemployment benefits: can you keep the payments if you go back to work?
- US News Which states have abolished federal unemployment benefits and why?
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo's gesture wipes $3.5bn off Coca-Cola's market value
- US NEWS Why is Juneteenth being considered a national holiday?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE California Vaccine Lottery: from which counties were the 15 June winners and how much did they win?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Novavax covid-19 vaccine: How effective is it and who will get it?