LAST 16 | CROATIA-PORTUGAL
Cristiano: I've won many titles, my dream is to win with Portugal
The Real Madrid forward spoke about his desire to win a title with his national team after all he's achieved at club level.
The star of the Portuguese national side and Real Madrid, Cristiano Ronaldo, has made it abundantly clear that his intention in the European Championships 2016 is to win the title. He has had personal recognition, of course, with Balon d'Or awards as well as club success with Manchester United and more recently in the Spanish capital but this is not enough for the three-time Champions League winner.
"I have always said that it would be a dream come true to win a title with my national side. In my career I have already won many titles, the most important ones, but winning with Portugal would be super-important".
In the last 16 Cristiano will be facing up against teammate Luca Modric's Croatia in Lens on Saturday. The mercurial midefielder was missing from the win over Spain in the final group game and we await confirmation if he - and top striker Mandzukic - will start against Portugal who only scraped through in third place after three draws.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Why is Sergio Ramos not in Spain squad?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Monday 14 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen thanks life-savers and vows to understand what caused cardiac arrest
- Copa America Brazil's Tite hails Neymar but stops short of Ronaldo and Romario comparisons
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- US NEWS G7 summit recap: what did Joe Biden say about meeting Queen Elizabeth?