Rulli and Correa in Argentina's Olympic squad for Rio 2016
Tata Martino has named nine players who will form part of his definitive list. Argentina have landed in Group D with Portugal, Algeria and Honduras.
Argentina coach Tata Martino has included two players based in Spain in his preliminary list of nine players for next month’s Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro. Real Sociedad goalkeeper Gerónimo Rulli and Atlético de Madrid forward Ángel Correa are confirmed for Rio 2016 while at some point over the next few days, the AFA will announce the definitive list, with the inclusion of a further13 players.
Argentina, in Group D with Portugal, Algeria and Honduras, open their Olympic campaign against Portugal at the Olympic stadium on Thursday 4 August (18:00 hours local time, 14:00 hours in Spain). Three days later on Sunday 7th, at the same venue and the same time they face Algeria and conclude the group stage on Wednesday 10th at the Mané Garrincha Stadium in Brasilia against Honduras (13:00 hours BRT).
The nine players who will feature in the definitive list are:
Gerónimo Rulli (Real Sociedad)
Emanuel Mammana (River Plate),
Jonathan Silva (Boca Juniors/Sporting Clube de Lisboa)
José Luis Gómez (Lanús)
Mauricio Martínez (Unión)
Giovani Lo Celso (Rosario Central)
Leandro Paredes (Empoli)
Cristian Espinoza (Huracán)
Ángel Correa (Atlético de Madrid).
Te recomendamos en English
- ALFREDO RELAÑO The "big five" pull off first European clean sweep
- PORTUGAL Villas-Boas: "My Porto side was practically pornographic"
- Premier League Pep Guardiola has get out of Manchester free card
- Champions League Mbappé, Felix, Fati, Vinicius... Generation Z shines in UCL
- Barcelona | Neymar case Neymar's Barcelona relationship fine despite lawsuit, says father
- EUROPA LEAGUE Lacazette and Saka sizzle as Arsenal end top of their group