Mourinho sneaks in to give United the edge over Pogba
Manchester United are willing to shell out 120 million euros for Pogba while Madrid consider Juventus’ asking price to be excessiveManchester United v. Manchester City live online
Real Madrid have hit a stumbling block in their quest to bring Paul Pogba to the Bernabéu this summer - José Mourinho. The Portuguese coach has entered the fray and given Manchester United an advantage in the race to sign Juventus’ star player.
Mourinho’s involvement forces Madrid to reconsider their stance on Pogba. In the back rooms of the Bernabéu, a decision has been made to temporarily put negotiations on hold, as the club considers Juventus’ asking price to be out of reach. Another cause for concern is the player’s economic aspirations – Pogba hopes to take home a post-tax salary of 12 million euros. In such a scenario, he would arrive in Chamartín as the second best paid player in the squad (behind Cristiano) and overtake Sergio Ramos and Gareth Bale in the pay packet hierarchy; and that would be very hard to digest for many within the dressing room...
The Pogba saga is the second time that Mourinho has marked his territory out as a signal to Madrid since he took the reins at Old Trafford two months ago. Just a few weeks ago, he telephoned David de Gea to convince the goalkeeper to stay - that he would be a key figure in his plans. Now he placed himself between Madrid’s prime summer objective waving a cheque book.
Mou still hasn’t pulled off a big signing (the Ibrahimovic operation has yet to be concluded) even though the club has the money. A new Premier League audiovisual rights deal will boost United’s coffers by 90 million euros and the club is ready to push hard for Pogba but the last thing Madrid want is to get involved in a bidding war...
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $3,000/$3,600 child tax credit: how long would stimulus measure last?
- COPA DEL REY Barcelona vs Sevilla: result, summary and goals
- MANCHESTER UNITED De Gea, Martial doubts for Man Utd ahead of derby with Man City
- USMNT England want to persuade Yunus Musah to leave the USMNT
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 $15 minimum wage: what's the state of the current negotiation and who is pushing for it?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $1,400 stimulus check: new eligibility criteria for payment to filers