In an interview with Fox Brazil, Neymar, the agent and father of the Barcelona star, cleared up any doubts surrounding the future of his son at Camp Nou. “Neymar’s owners are Barcelona,” he assured sternly. “Any proposals, any notifications, or any formality that comes in respect to Neymar, without question passes through Barcelona and Barcelona alone. He’s still under contract with the club and they know everything that’s going on.”
"Neymar's happy at Barcelona"
The Brazilian striker’s dad went on to admit that there have been big offers come in for his son but reiterated thay Neymar has a contract at the Spanish champions until 2018. “There’s lots of speculation and it’s clear he’s become mixed up in all that. People know that there are various clubs interested in him for his football, but they don’t want to say that he’s talking to them or having any dealings. People have said 10,000 different things about my son. Neymar has a contract at Barcelona, and he has two years left. That’s the only certainty. He has to obey that contract, besides, he’s happy at the club. The speculation will go on, like it has been for a while, but everyone’s used it by now.”
"There's zero chance he'll go to Real Madrid"
Regarding Real Madrid’s persistent interest in the player, the agent and next of kin was blunt in his assessment. “The possibility of him ending up there is zero," he stated. He also gave his thoughts on Wagner Ribeiro, the Brazilian agent who has repeatedly chipped in on the player and his future. “We respect him a lot, put aside from myself, the only person who can talk about Neymar’s career is Neymar himself.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Pep Guardiola calls for Man City shutdown after UEFA decision
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Mané looks to surpass Ronaldo, Dortmund prepare for Mbappé – UCL in Opta numbers
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Report links club with Facebook accounts aimed at damaging players' images
- MANCHESTER UNITED Fernandes' set-pieces "top class" – Solskjaer lauds new Man Utd signing
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Simeone: "Pessimism? I see optimism and hope"
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Klopp: "Atlético are a machine - they're not playing as badly as people make out"