Messi: “We have to win this cup, whatever it takes”
“It’s the third final in a row and not winning any of them has been a big disappointment. Not being champions will be a disappointment,” the Barça striker said.Ecuador-Argentina
Argentina's Lionel Messi claimed he is fully focused on “winning this Copa America, whatever it takes” as his side face Chile in New Jersey on Sunday evening, or 2am Central European Time.
“The final is important for me so I can win a Copa America. It’s the third final I’ve played in with the national side and I’d like to make history and become a champion”, he said at a press conference held in Hoboken, New Jersey.
“Without doubt, winning will be the greatest gift we could have, not just for me for the whole squad”, the Argentina captain stressed on the day of his 29th birthday.
Messi denied that it at his age it would constitute his last chance for silverware with his national side, although he was keen to emphasise that “we have to take this new chance and win the cup, whatever it takes”.
“It’s the third final in a row and not winning any of them has been a big disappointment. Not being champions will be a disappointment,” he added.
“We’ve been playing really well, and we’re all really up for playing this game to win a cup that all of us want to win, one that eluded us in the last Copa America. We go into the game in good form, but it’s true that you have to show it on the pitch,” he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check: who is in favor of its approval?
- US NEWS What is the process for DC to become a state?
- BUNDESLIGA Bayern Munich ready to support returning Lewandowski in pursuit of Gerd Müller record
- REAL MADRID UEFA will not kick Real Madrid out of this season's Champions League
- EURO 2020 La Cartuja in Seville to host Euro 2020 games, instead of San Mamés
- European Super League: Solskjaer 'very happy' fans won battle & did not like concept