"I've got nothing to prove; I'm not a Castilla player anymore"
“I just want to be one more member of the squad and I'll battle to win my place. All I want is to be happy and be where I am wanted”, the player told 'Cuatro'.
Álvaro Morata spoke to Spanish broadcaster Cuatro on Saturday and made his first declarations about his return to Real Madrid, which the club officially announced last week.
Real Madrid return: “I've got nothing to prove. I'm not a Castilla player anymore. Madrid will decide if I am able or not. If not, I'll have to take another decision”
Fourth striker: “All I want is to be just another member of the squad and fight for a place in the side. My only intention is to be happy and be in a place where I feel wanted”.
Next season: “I'm not thinking too much about the future. I'm here in France trying to win the Euros with Spain. What will be, will be”.
Premier League or Real Madrid? “I'm a Real Madrid player and that's all I can say. I'd love to continue at Real Madrid, but I want to feel like I am important and battle to win a place”.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Zidane's internal debate
- TRANSFER RUMOURS Premier League: Arsenal intensify Nuno interest and keep Martínez in mind
- VALENCIA - REAL MADRID Zidane and Celades: friends in Madrid, rivals in Valencia
- FOOTBALL Michael Owen: "I was already in decline by the time I was 23"
- Rashford eager to live up to 'nice' Ronaldo comparisons
- LIVERPOOL Liverpool: "Klopp has made me who I am today" - Alexander-Arnold