Wales - Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland sing "We're not stupid we voted to stay" to Welsh
After Friday's Brexit, Northern ireland fans had a bone to pick with the Welsh in their Paris Euro 2016 second-round game: "We're not stupid we voted to stay"
Wales-Northern Ireland was historic before a ball was even kicked, the first time two British teams had ever met in the knockout stages, the first time these two teams had made it to the knockout stage in Wales' first ever Euros.
A different type of history was made on Friday when the UK decided to exit the European Union. Northern Ireland voted overwhelmingly to stay while Wales were in the 'OUT' camp. A fact that the Northern Ireland fans couldn't resist bringing with them to the Parc des Princes.
"We're not stupid we voted stay", sang the green & white army to the Welsh fans.
The political chant couldn't sour a celebratory atmosphere, however, as these images prove: at the end of the match both sets of fans stayed behind in the stadium to sing the Euro 2016 anthem: Will Griggs on fire...
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Has Aaron Rodgers won a Super Bowl?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS Can I qualify for Biden's American Rescue Plan if I have already received the stimulus check?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool vs Man United: How and where to watch - times, tv, online
- US NEWS $2000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live
- Martin Luther King Day 2021 Banks opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Chase, Wells Fargo, Citibank
- MARTIN LUTHER KING JR DAY Supermarkets opening hours on Martin Luther King Jr Day: Walmart, Costco, Target...