Cesc: "We've got bigger balls than Italy"
Fabregas tells La Cope that he's convinced Spain will beat Italy in the last 16 on Monday, and that assistant coach Toni Grande has said that he can take the side's penalties
Cesc Fábregas, who played as a ‘false nine’ in Spain's 4-0 demolition of Italy back in the final of Euro 2012, told Spanish radio station La Cope that he's convinced La Roja will overcome the Azzuri once again on Moday night.“We’re going to win because we’ve got more balls and bigger balls than the Italians,” said the Chelsea midfielder.
Italy: “We’ve always had evenly matched games against Italy, bar the final in 2012 when we played extraordinarily. We need to contain their qualities, and they have a lot of them.”
Squad: “The group is doing well. The loss against Croatia was a hard blow to take, but we’ve picked ourselves up from that.”
Pedro: “As a footballer and a teammate I can understand what he said. He’s already said sorry.”
"I was told that I'll take penalties"
Penalties: “Toni Grande (Spain’s assistant coach) has told me a few times that if there’s a penalty then I’ll be the one to take it. Del Bosque hasn’t said anything about it.”
De Gea: “People always want to look for a controversy. It’s not true that he’s been scolded by senior members of the squad. It seems to me that it’s believed what the press is saying more than the player. That doesn’t seem right to me.”
Brexit: “It’s not going to affect me. I make my living in pounds and pay taxes. I want to retire in London, so I’m not going to have a problem.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefits boost: why could it be delayed?
- coronavirus Over 27,000 health workers infected with Covid-19 in South Africa
- Champions League Barcelona vs Bayern Munich Preview
- USMNT Adams becomes first US men's player to score in Champions League quarter final or later
- Champions League Bayern Munich are playing Barcelona, not just Messi - Flick