GERMANY 3 - SLOVAKIA 0
Kozák, gracious in defeat: "Germany were the better team"
Ján Kozák accepted that his Slovakia side were outclassed in Sunday's Last 16 tie in Lille: "We've no complaints, Germany were the better team".
Slovakia coach Ján Kozák accepted that his team were outclassed in Sunday's Last 16 3-0 defeat to Germany and praise his opposite number in Lille, Joachim Löw.
Have you any reservations about the result? "No, none at all; Germany played well in every aspect - they worked extremely well collectively and were at the same level individually. I've got no complaints about the result, they deserved to win".
Did the first goal scupper your plans? "It was the end product of how the game was heading at that moment; we gave them too much space but it's just that they are too good and it was difficult for us to apply the plan we had in mind. Maybe we were a little ancious going into the game but to be honest, we were given a lot of options".
Wjat happened with the second goal? "In one-on-one situations like that, Draxler is brillant. They have a number of players who are very difficult to mark and Draxler's one of them".
Were you weaked by the absence of key players? "We have enough players to form a competitive team. So no, that didn't influence the game in any way".
What is the next step for Slovakia? "Slovakia now has to undergo a generational change, and bring new, younger players in".
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Second Stimulus Check: Senate returns to discuss approval of the second stimulus payment amid protest
- George Floyd Protests As riots increase in New York curfew hours have changed
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- George Floyd George Floyd: George W. Bush speaks out on racism and protests in US
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- Coronavirus Second stimulus check: Is there a deadline to approve a second payment?