Spain contender Caparrós: negative win-loss ratio as top-flight boss
Joaquín Caparrós is in the frame to replace Vicente del Bosque as national coach following La Roja's Euro 2016 exit on Monday.England vs Spain
Joaquín Caparrós is the chief candidate to take charge of the Spain national team in place of Vicente del Bosque, whose departure is expected to be confirmed in the wake of his side's Euro 2016 exit at the hands of Italy.
Appointed immediately after La Roja's triumph at Euro 2008, Del Bosque led the Spanish to World Cup glory in 2010 before piloting them to a second straight continental crown in 2012.
Del Bosque: "I have more or less decided"
Speaking after Spain's 2-0 last-16 defeat to the Italians on Monday, Del Bosque said of his future: "I have more or less decided; first I'll speak to [Spanish FA president Ángel María] Villar".
Caparrós has managed Sevilla, Deportivo La Coruña, Athletic Club, Real Mallorca, Levante and Granada in LaLiga - having also had a brief spell in the Swiss top flight with Neuchâtel Xamax - and has a negative ratio of victories to losses as boss of a Spanish Primera División club.
Caparrós: more losses than victories
The 60-year-old has a win percentage of 36.2%, with 25.9% of his clashes ending in a draw and 37.9% seeing his side fall to defeat.
His best figures came at Sevilla, where he averaged 1.47 points per game, while his worst came at Granada, his most recent job. During his six-month spell at the Estadio Nuevo Los Cármenes in 2014/15, he was victorious in just three out of 22 matches.
Caparros' negative win ratio is influenced by a managerial CV largely featuring mid-to-lower-table outfits accustomed to fighting against relegation.
His playing style is characterised by an adherence to the 4-4-2 formation and two holding midfielders.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Martin Luther King Jr Day: most famous quotes & speeches
- US POLITICS Biden-Harris reveal inauguration playlist: songs and where to listen
- NFL NFL conference championship finals: dates, times & previews
- NFL Playoff Final When and where is Super Bowl LV 2021? - Date, location & kick-off time
- NFL Patrick Mahomes injured: When could he return?
- UNITED STATES $1,400 third stimulus check updates today: when is it coming, What Biden said about it, eligibility, IRS tax | Live