PSG: Emery confirmed as new coach
The ex-Sevilla head coach has been handed a two-year deal as Paris Saint-Germain boss, the Ligue 1 champions announced on Tuesday. PSG vs Troyes live online
Ligue 1 champions Paris Saint-Germain have confirmed Spaniard Unai Emery as the new head coach at the Parc des Princes.
Emery puts pen to paper on a two-year deal
In a statement on their official website, the French giants revealed that Emery has signed a two-year contract at the club, in a deal that inclues the option of a further season.
Emery, 44, parted company with LaLiga outfit Sevilla earlier this month after leading the Andalusians to three straight Europa League wins in a three-year stint in charge.
Reacting to his appointment, the former Spartak Moscow, Valencia Almería and Lorca boss said: "It is with great pride that I agreed to become the Paris-Saint Germain coach."
Emery, who replaces Laurent Blanc at the six-time French title winners, added: "The club has become one of the biggest in Europe over the past few seasons and I am both happy and honoured to be able to help realise its great ambitions."
Al-Khelaïfi welcomes Emery
PSG chairman and CEO Nasser Al-Khelaïfi added: "Unai will bring to the Club all his experience, his passion and his strong management skills and human qualities.
"I am convinced that our fans will love the spectacular style of football our team will play with Unai.”
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Gareth Bale determined to seize Clásico chance
- BARCELONA Barcelona: at least three players could leave in the January window
- REAL MADRID Barnett: "There's no guarantee that Bale is leaving Real Madrid"
- SERIE A "We're living in 1920": Lukaku's agent 'ashamed' of 'Black Friday' headline
- SERIE A Smalling: 'Black Friday' headline "wrong and highly insensitive"
- CRYSTAL PALACE Andros Townsend opens up about his gambling addiction: "I lost €54,000 in one night"