"Real Madrid will sell Morata to sign Pogba" - Calzada
The ex-Barcelona director Esteve Calzada tells Sky Sports that Real Madrid will need to make a "big sale" this summer in order to comply with Financial Fair Play regulations
Esteve Calzada, ex-commercial and marketing director of Barcelona, explained to Sky Sports on Tuesday that Real Madrid will have no option but sell Álvaro Morata this summer to finance the possible transfer of Paul Pogba.
“My bet is that Real Madrid will sell Morata. And he would only go to the Premier League for a move of no less than €60 million,” said Calzada about the striker, who's only just resigned for Real from Juventus for a sum of €30m.
Financial Fair play
“It’s only my opinion, but I think there’ll be an exit from Madrid because they’ll finally make a move for Pogba this summer, and if they do, they’ll need to be careful with Financial Fair Play. They’ll have to sell a big player to sign a big player.”
“He’s big, fast and strong, which suits the English style of play. He’d do very well in England. He’s the same style as Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but much younger,” said Calzada of Morata’s qualities. The Spaniard scored three goals and made a good impression at the Euro 2016, despite Spain’s early exit at the hands of Italy.
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Biden - Trump final debate live online: fact check and reactions | US Election 2020
- US NEWS US elections 2020: who is the moderator for the final presidential debate?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Trump - Biden debate: why will they be muted when the other is talking?
- PRESEDENTIAL DEBATE Last debate Trump vs Biden tonight: time, TV and how to watch live online
- BARCELONA Barcelona captains issue scathing letter to board