Ancelotti's Bayern begin German title defence against Bremen
Borussia Dortmund begin at home to Mainz, with Carlo Ancelotti's first clash with Thomas Tuchel's men in week 11 of the Bundesliga campaign.
German champions Bayern Munich will open the Bundesliga season with a home game against Werder Bremen, after the fixtures for the 2016-17 campaign were released on Wednesday.
Carlo Ancelotti's first task in the league since taking over from Pep Guardiola as head coach sees the visit of a Bremen side that finished 13th last term, on Friday, August 26.
Former Barcelona boss Guardiola left Bavaria for Manchester City, who Bayern will play in a friendly on July 20, at the end of last season.
Guardiola racked up seven major trophies at Bayern, but failed to take the five-time European champions past the Champions League semi-finals.
Ancelotti, 56, has won Europe's premier competition three times, twice with AC Milan in 2003 and 2007, and once with Real Madrid in 2014.
Elsewhere on the first weekend in Germany, RB Leipzig kick off their maiden top-flight campaign only seven years since being formed against Hoffenheim.
Last season's runners-up Borussia Dortmund take on Mainz, while the pick of the games sees Bayer Leverkusen, who finished third last term, play Borussia Moenchengladbach, who came fourth.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?