Ancelotti's Bayern begin German title defence against Bremen
Borussia Dortmund begin at home to Mainz, with Carlo Ancelotti's first clash with Thomas Tuchel's men in week 11 of the Bundesliga campaign.
German champions Bayern Munich will open the Bundesliga season with a home game against Werder Bremen, after the fixtures for the 2016-17 campaign were released on Wednesday.
Carlo Ancelotti's first task in the league since taking over from Pep Guardiola as head coach sees the visit of a Bremen side that finished 13th last term, on Friday, August 26.
Former Barcelona boss Guardiola left Bavaria for Manchester City, who Bayern will play in a friendly on July 20, at the end of last season.
Guardiola racked up seven major trophies at Bayern, but failed to take the five-time European champions past the Champions League semi-finals.
Ancelotti, 56, has won Europe's premier competition three times, twice with AC Milan in 2003 and 2007, and once with Real Madrid in 2014.
Elsewhere on the first weekend in Germany, RB Leipzig kick off their maiden top-flight campaign only seven years since being formed against Hoffenheim.
Last season's runners-up Borussia Dortmund take on Mainz, while the pick of the games sees Bayer Leverkusen, who finished third last term, play Borussia Moenchengladbach, who came fourth.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mourinho quips: Will Man Utd get Man City's 2018 title after FFP breach?
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's season set to be determined by the next 30 days
- PORTUGAL Extraordinary scenes as Porto's Marega walks off pitch over racist chants
- REAL MADRID Rodrygo and Vinicius seem inextricably linked
- JUVENTUS Sarri explains reasons for Ronaldo's omission following Juventus win
- Champions League Champions League Istanbul 2020 final match-ball revealed