L’Equipe announced on Tuesday through its official Twitter account that Olympique Lyon and Barcelona have reached an agreement for the transfer of 22 year old French defender Samuel Umtiti. According to the French newspaper, the switch will set the Catalan club back €30 million, €10m more than they had originally planned for.
Transfert : Accord entre l'OL et le Barça pour Samuel Umtiti https://t.co/4F4pQjkUjh— L'ÉQUIPE (@lequipe) 29 June 2016
Explosively quick and physical
Umtiti, who should start France’s Euro 2016 quarterfinal encounter with Iceland due to the suspension of Rami, can play on the left side of the back four as well as in the middle. An explosively quick player, Umtiti is big and physical and also a decent shot at goal.
Barring any last minute hitches, he’ll sign a five-year contract at Camp Nou and will become direct competition for Mascherano and Mathieu, as well as offer back-up to Jordi Alba now that Adriano has left the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid team news: Fede Valverde out of Getafe game due to coronavius contact
- LaLiga Getafe vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- NBA Lakers star Andre Drummond revels in surreal moment after Staples Center win
- F1 Miami Grand Prix added to Formula One calendar from 2022
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci, My Turn...
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim