L’Equipe announced on Tuesday through its official Twitter account that Olympique Lyon and Barcelona have reached an agreement for the transfer of 22 year old French defender Samuel Umtiti. According to the French newspaper, the switch will set the Catalan club back €30 million, €10m more than they had originally planned for.
Transfert : Accord entre l'OL et le Barça pour Samuel Umtiti https://t.co/4F4pQjkUjh— L'ÉQUIPE (@lequipe) 29 June 2016
Explosively quick and physical
Umtiti, who should start France’s Euro 2016 quarterfinal encounter with Iceland due to the suspension of Rami, can play on the left side of the back four as well as in the middle. An explosively quick player, Umtiti is big and physical and also a decent shot at goal.
Barring any last minute hitches, he’ll sign a five-year contract at Camp Nou and will become direct competition for Mascherano and Mathieu, as well as offer back-up to Jordi Alba now that Adriano has left the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Ronaldo discusses future ahead of Portugal-Hungary clash
- Cristiano Ronaldo having no 'sleepless nights' over Juventus future
- EURO 2020 Mbappé needed to speak up but Giroud tussle is behind us, says France captain Lloris
- REAL MADRID Ramos: Kroos, Casillas back Real Madrid captain amid contract impasse
- Copa America Who won the last Copa America and which country has the most titles?
- US News How have vaccine lotteries impacted vaccination rates?