ENGLAND | CHAMPIONHSIP
Lopetegui considers tempting Wolverhampton Wanderers offer
The Spanish coach is one of the possible replacements for Vicente del Bosque; he is weighing up his options for the new season. Wolves' proposal is very attractive.
One of the possible replacements for Vicente del Bosque in the Spain coaching post, Julen Lopetegui, is mulling over a highly attractive offer from English Championship outfit Wolverhampton Wanderers. The Basque coach is carefully studing the offer but has yet to put pen to paper. Wolves' project has the financial backing of the same group who are keen to purchase AC Milan, headed by Chinese businessman Robin Li; the investors are willing to plough a huge amount of money into the Midlands-based club in a bid to see the team promoted to the Premier League.
Lopetegui, 49, is being touted as one of the candidates to take over the Spain coaching post from Vicente del Bosque. He is well-known at the RFEF, having worked with the youth categoties and after having guided Spain's Under-19s and Under-21s to become European champions. He is also held in high regard for the great job he did at Porto during his first season in the Liga NOS. After being relieved from his post at the Dragão at the start of the New Year, Lopetegui has been analyzing a number of options. He rejected a proposal to take over the Algeria national team job but the Wolves post, even though the team is in the Second Division, is appealing in many ways although Lopetegui has yet to make a final decision.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Zidane: "Clásico is a good game to redeem ourselves"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: James Rodríguez could now be fit for Everton
- Vinicius Junior returns to Brazil squad as Tite rotates youngsters
- US Election 2020 What did Trump and Biden say about North Korea, Russia, China and Iran in the debate?
- ENTERTAINMENT NEWS Borat 2: who is Rudy Giuliani and what did he say about the movie?
- EL CLÄSICO El Clásico: Real Madrid name squad for Barcelona clash