ENGLAND | CHAMPIONHSIP
Lopetegui considers tempting Wolverhampton Wanderers offer
The Spanish coach is one of the possible replacements for Vicente del Bosque; he is weighing up his options for the new season. Wolves' proposal is very attractive.
One of the possible replacements for Vicente del Bosque in the Spain coaching post, Julen Lopetegui, is mulling over a highly attractive offer from English Championship outfit Wolverhampton Wanderers. The Basque coach is carefully studing the offer but has yet to put pen to paper. Wolves' project has the financial backing of the same group who are keen to purchase AC Milan, headed by Chinese businessman Robin Li; the investors are willing to plough a huge amount of money into the Midlands-based club in a bid to see the team promoted to the Premier League.
Lopetegui, 49, is being touted as one of the candidates to take over the Spain coaching post from Vicente del Bosque. He is well-known at the RFEF, having worked with the youth categoties and after having guided Spain's Under-19s and Under-21s to become European champions. He is also held in high regard for the great job he did at Porto during his first season in the Liga NOS. After being relieved from his post at the Dragão at the start of the New Year, Lopetegui has been analyzing a number of options. He rejected a proposal to take over the Algeria national team job but the Wolves post, even though the team is in the Second Division, is appealing in many ways although Lopetegui has yet to make a final decision.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson out for the rest of the season
- PREMIER LEAGUE Former players call for change after calamitous VAR decisions
- World Football Summit Collina on VAR: “In five years we’ve gone from zero to having it in all main competitions”
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Real Madrid player ratings in 2-0 win over Alavés
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA: what did Dr Fauci say about the hotspots and reopening?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today