Aaron Mooy joins Pep Guardiola's Manchester City
Manchester City have completed the signing of Australian midfielder Aaron Mooy from affiliate club Melbourne City and become's Guardiola's second reinforcement.
Manchester City have completed their second signing of the summer, as confirmed by Melbourne City this morning. Austrailian midfielder Aaron Mooy, who has been plying his trade in the Australian top flight - Hyundai A-League, joins the Sky Blues on a three-year deal.
The 25-year-old has been described as "a technically-gifted, attack-minded player". He scored 11 goals last season and created another 10 for his team mates in his 24 appearances with Melbourne. He is an international with Australia, having gained 16 caps at full international level and scored five goals.
The arrangement hardly comes as a surprise as Melbourne is an affiliate club within the City Group (as is New York City). As a result, holding midfielder Luke Brattan will go in the opposite direction, joining Melbourne on loan following an unconsummated loan stint at Bolton Wanderers. City have also agreed to extend Anthony Cáceres' loan at Melbourne by an extra season.
Mooy becomes Pep Guardiola's second reinforcement since taking charge, following the 27M euro signing of Celta de Vigo forward Nolito.
Te recomendamos en English
- Liverpool Klopp: Mbappe, Haaland will think twice if Liverpool can't offer Champions League football
- CSL Chinese Super League counts the cost of the boom years
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid, Liverpool and Juve keen on Lyon's Houssem Aouar
- NBA NBA All-Star weekend: who were the Hall of Famers in 2020?
- CORONAVIRUS Biden criticises “Neanderthal” decision to remove mask mandates
- COPA DEL REY Barcelona vs Sevilla: result, summary and goals