Neymar is staying at Barcelona. That’s the message from Josep Maria Bartomeu, club president, on Thursday. “Neymar won’t leave Barça, he’s not on his way out, and I hope the fans know it. I don’t know if it’ll be tomorrow or a bit later, but Neymar is signing for another five seaons,” said Bartomeu.
Contract sorted "in next few days"
“It’s normal that other clubs are interested him, but I’ll make this clear, he’s never told us he wants to leave. He wants to be here, and we want him here. The club and his agents are closing negotiations over his contract renewal and I hope it’ll all be sorted in the next few days.”
“We’ve just come from the Neymar case at the national court and the attorney’s office and it’s necessary to write up everything. But he’s staying for five years.”
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Ajax reach initial agreement for Sergiño Dest: 20 million plus 5 in add-ons
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in California: for how long will they stop and when can I claim again?
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second Stimulus Check: will there be a new payment in September 2020?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea closing in on Mendy as Lampard confirms medical
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say in Congress testimony?