Barcelona president confirms deal for defender Umtiti
Josep Maria Bartomeu has followed Olympique Lyonnais' president in revealing that an agreement is in place with the Ligue 1 side.
Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has confirmed that the Spanish champions have agreed a deal with Olympique Lyonnais over the signing of defender Samuel Umtiti.
On Wednesday, Lyon chairman Jean-Michel Aulas revealed that the 22-year-old France international, currently at Euro 2016 with Les Bleus, was set for a switch to the Camp Nou.
The Ligue 1 club have also issued a statement announcing Umtiti's imminent departure.
"There is an agreement with Lyon"
Speaking on Thursday, Bartomeu said: "An agreement still has to be reached with the player but there is an agreement with Lyon for 25 million euros, plus add-ons.
"We have to talk to the player, who is on international duty with France at the moment. When the tournament finishes, we'll take the relevant steps: medicals, etc.
"Lyon have made it official and we can confirm that it's true, that there is an agreement for the transfer of Umtiti for 25 million euros."
Te recomendamos en English
- FORTNITE Predator in Fortnite: where to find and how to get his skin in Season 5
- US NEWS What executive orders did Joe Biden sign on his first day as President?
- US News What did Biden say about Trump's Oval Office letter?
- US News Bernie’s mittens, Ella’s diamond coat and plenty of purple: inauguration wardrobe hits
- REAL MADRID What are Zidane's worst defeats since he signed at Real Madrid?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings vs Alcoyano