Barcelona president confirms deal for defender Umtiti
Josep Maria Bartomeu has followed Olympique Lyonnais' president in revealing that an agreement is in place with the Ligue 1 side.
Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has confirmed that the Spanish champions have agreed a deal with Olympique Lyonnais over the signing of defender Samuel Umtiti.
On Wednesday, Lyon chairman Jean-Michel Aulas revealed that the 22-year-old France international, currently at Euro 2016 with Les Bleus, was set for a switch to the Camp Nou.
The Ligue 1 club have also issued a statement announcing Umtiti's imminent departure.
"There is an agreement with Lyon"
Speaking on Thursday, Bartomeu said: "An agreement still has to be reached with the player but there is an agreement with Lyon for 25 million euros, plus add-ons.
"We have to talk to the player, who is on international duty with France at the moment. When the tournament finishes, we'll take the relevant steps: medicals, etc.
"Lyon have made it official and we can confirm that it's true, that there is an agreement for the transfer of Umtiti for 25 million euros."
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- CORONAVIRUS $400 unemployment benefits boost: why could it be delayed?
- coronavirus Over 27,000 health workers infected with Covid-19 in South Africa
- Champions League Barcelona vs Bayern Munich Preview
- USMNT Adams becomes first US men's player to score in Champions League quarter final or later
- Champions League Bayern Munich are playing Barcelona, not just Messi - Flick