Barcelona president confirms deal for defender Umtiti
Josep Maria Bartomeu has followed Olympique Lyonnais' president in revealing that an agreement is in place with the Ligue 1 side.
Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu has confirmed that the Spanish champions have agreed a deal with Olympique Lyonnais over the signing of defender Samuel Umtiti.
On Wednesday, Lyon chairman Jean-Michel Aulas revealed that the 22-year-old France international, currently at Euro 2016 with Les Bleus, was set for a switch to the Camp Nou.
The Ligue 1 club have also issued a statement announcing Umtiti's imminent departure.
"There is an agreement with Lyon"
Speaking on Thursday, Bartomeu said: "An agreement still has to be reached with the player but there is an agreement with Lyon for 25 million euros, plus add-ons.
"We have to talk to the player, who is on international duty with France at the moment. When the tournament finishes, we'll take the relevant steps: medicals, etc.
"Lyon have made it official and we can confirm that it's true, that there is an agreement for the transfer of Umtiti for 25 million euros."
Te recomendamos en English
- Mallorca - Real Madrid Mallorca looking to go big in Japan thanks to Take Kubo
- LALIGA Mallorca vs Real Madrid live online: LaLiga 2019/20
- Premier League Review Alli saves Spurs as Chelsea and Leicester City march on
- Premier League Chelsea's Lampard delighted as Hudson-Odoi and Pulisic impress
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Joao Félix out with sprained ankle
- Crystal Palace 0-2 Manchester City Manchester City back in the groove