Official: Nolito completes Manchester City move
Celta de Vigo officially announced that Nolito has joined Manchester City who have paid the player's buy-out clause.
The first transfer window of the 2016/17 season officially opened this morning and to mark the occasion Manchester City unveiled their newly designed club crest and corporate logo just in time for the announcement that they have signed Spanish international striker Nolito. City met the player's buy-out fee, paying Celta de Vigo 18 million euros. Nolito has signed a gour-year contract with Pepe Guardiola's team and has been handed the number 9 shirt, previously worn by players such as Niall Quinn, Paulo Wanchope and Emmanuel Adebayor; it was last worn by another Spaniard, Álvaro Negredo, .
Words from Nolito after signing his contract
"I’ll try to bring as much as I possibly can; I’ll do everything that the manager asks of me, try my absolute best and do everything I can to try to repeat the form I’ve shown throughout my career at various clubs", the player said on Manchester City's official web page, and spoke about the prospect of working under the new coach. "I think that Pep Guardiola is one of the best managers in the world. He knows a lot about the game and he’s going to help me progress as a player and I’m sure he’ll get the best out of me".
Celta wished the player all the very best in his new adventure, thanking him for his "commitment, professionalism and complete dedication" during his three years in Vigo during which he made 100 league appearances and scored 39 goals.
International with Spain
Nolito's performances with Celta caught the attention of Vicente del Bosque who handed him a total of 13 caps to date; the forward has scored 5 goals at full international level with Spain and featured in the starting XI in all four of Spain's matches at Euro 2016.
Te recomendamos en English
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Beckham's Inter Miami make late bid for Edinson Cavani
- Football Kompany believes diversity in football needs to start at the top
- 2020 CONMEBOL Pre-Olympic Tournament Reinier stars in Brazil win as Tokyo 2020 qualification looms closer
- REAL ZARAGOZA - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Another chance for Vinicius to impress
- Rumour Has It: Barcelona give up on Rodrigo, Fernandes to Man Utd finally done
- Copa del Reu Iñaki Williams thanks Tenerife fans for 'No to Racism' display