The arrival of Michy Batshuayi at Chelsea could well bring closer the return of Diego Costa to Atlético Madrid. The Belgian forward is set to arrive at Stamford Bridge for a total of €40 million from Marseille, leaving the door open for Costa to come back to the Spanish capital.
According to the Daily Star, the Brazilian-striker has asked Chelsea to let him leave for Vicente Calderón after just two seasons in the Premier League. That is despite sources at the club having maintained that the Spanish international was happy in London, and that he was going to play an important role in the side under Antonio Conte.
Atléti bid €50m for Costa
The UK newspaper reports that Atlético have tabled a €50 million bid for the striker. However, Conte is said to want at least two top-level forwards on his arrival at Chelsea, meaning a Costa exit would leave a hole in the Italian coach’s frontline. The Daily Star affirms that Álvaro Morata would be the prime candidate to replace him.
It seems that the Blues’ number 19 is not entirely settled at Stamford Bridge, especially after Chelsea’s disastrous campaign last season in which the club failed to qualify for Europe and were left without any silverware whatsoever. The forward also believes he’s badly treated by Premier League referees.
37 goals, 78 games
After 37 goals in 78 games, Costa’s time at Chelsea could indeed be coming to an end if his wish to swap west London for south Madrid is granted. Before joining the Blues under José Mourinho, Costa left Atlético as La Liga champion and Champions League runner-up, having scored 36 goals in 52 goals in his final season.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US Unemployment benefits in California: how to check the status of your claim
- GAMING NEWS Among Us! how to download and play for free on PC (Windows) and Mac
- ATLÉTICO 6-1 GRANADA Luis Suárez scores two and assists one in Atletico debut demolition of Granada
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what is Mark Cuban's proposal?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City sign Ruben Dias as Otamendi joins Benfica