Manchester United selling shirts with Mkhitaryan suggest signing
The official store of Manchester United has started offering club shirts with the name of Mkhitaryan on the back. This is a simple way to let everyone know what is happening.
Manchester United have already confirmed the signing of Eric Bailly for the upcoming season and, as confirmed yesterday by the player himself, Swedish star Zlatan Ibrahimovic is also Old Trafford bound.
With big challenges ahead for the club in arguably the most competitive of the major leagues more big signings are expected and one that has been doing the rumour rounds is Henrikh Mkhitaryan, who shares agent Mino Raiola with Zlatan. It is understood that the negotiations for his signature are already at an advanced stage with the Borussia Dortmund midfielder likely to join for 26 million pounds (with the devaluation of Sterling this is around 31.20 million euros as of today).
Blunder or strategic leak?
But although this deal is still to be confirmed - be that by the club,player or agent - it appears that the logistics and retail management team have not been as tight as they should have been. On the official club store website, the option to purchase shirts with the Armenian star's name on the back was made available. Once this was spotted they were quickly removed but not before some quick fingered fans grabbed some images.
We'll keep an eye on procedings in this and all other transfer movement while the window for dealings is open.
Te recomendamos en English
- Brazil vs Argentina Brazil vs Argentina: most valuable starting XIs
- Brazil Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar: Pelé picks his preferred partner
- Barcelona Barcelona: Luis Suárez says Camp Nou need to find a new striker
- PSG Mbappé: PSG star to ignore Real Madrid and stay in Paris
- International football Maradona, Pelé: Brazil Argentina all-time best combined XI
- International Friendly Gaza violence puts Argentina-Uruguay friendly under threat