Omar Mascarell accepts Eintracht Frankfurt switch
The Real Madrid Castilla midfielder, who spent last season on loan at Sporting, will join the German side on a three-year contract. Madrid reserve an option to buy him back.
Real Madrid have completed the transfer of youth team player Omar Mascarell who joins German Bundesliga side Eintracht Frankfurt. The Canary Islands-born midfielder had only recently returned to the capital after spending last season on loan at Sporting de Gijón. Both the club and the player have been looking for an outlet and while Omar did have a tempting offer from a club in the English Championship, in the end, he decided on the option of playing in Germany.
Mascarell will sign his new contract in the next few hours while Real Madrid have inserted two clauses into the deal - the first, an option to buy the player back at a later date, and also a resale clause which will enable Madrid to receive compensation if Eintract decide to sell him on to another club. Omar is relishing the chance to further his career in Germany after having watched two of his old team mates, Dani Carvajal and Joselu enjoy positive experiences in the Bundeliga.
During his loan spell at Sporting, Omar made 26 appearances, 20 of them in the starting line-up.
Madrid are working overtime to find new destinations forother Castilla players such as Álvaro Medrán, who has offers from Deportivo and Betis; and Burgui, who is back after a season on loan at Espanyol and is now studying a handful of offers.
Te recomendamos en English
- World News Chinese Rocket: when and where will it fall to earth?
- US News Fourth stimulus check: What are Biden's economic proposals according to the unemployment report?
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV & how to watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola fumes at officials as City pay penalty against Chelsea
- BARCELONA 0-0 ATLÉTICO Piqué: "We're still alive, from now on, anything could happen"
- US NEWS Third stimulus checks: how many payments were made in the last batch?