No response from Casillas to Del Bosque comments
Speaking on radio station Cadena Ser on Thursday, outgoing Spain boss Vicente del Bosque was critical of his World Cup-winning captain.
There has been no response from goalkeeper Iker Casillas to the remarks made by outgoing Spain head coach Vicente del Bosque on Thursday.
Del Bosque, who has confirmed that he is to step down as La Roja boss following the side's last-16 exit from Euro 2016, was critical of the custodian in an interview with Spanish radio station Cadena Ser.
Speaking on the programme 'El Larguero', Del Bosque talked of his displeasure at Casillas' attitude towards him and his backroom team after being overlooked for Manchester United's David de Gea in France.
"It didn't go down well with me how he behaved"
Discussing his farewell to the players, he admitted: "The only one I didn't send a text message to was Casillas; it didn't really go down too well with me how he behaved with the coaching staff."
FC Porto man Casillas, who captained Spain to victory at the 2010 World Cup and Euro 2012 under Del Bosque, is currently on holiday, and it is understood that he has no plans to respond to his former coach's words.
However, the 35-year-old's camp are said to be surprised at the comments.
On Tuesday, Casillas hinted at the end of his 167-cap international career by posting a clip from the film Rambo II on his Twitter account.
Te recomendamos en English
- World News Chinese Rocket: when and where will it fall to earth?
- US News Fourth stimulus check: What are Biden's economic proposals according to the unemployment report?
- LALIGA Real Madrid vs Sevilla: times, TV & how to watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola fumes at officials as City pay penalty against Chelsea
- BARCELONA 0-0 ATLÉTICO Piqué: "We're still alive, from now on, anything could happen"
- US NEWS Third stimulus checks: how many payments were made in the last batch?