Bale bullish ahead of Cristiano meeting after 'incredible' win
Speaking after Wales booked a historic place in the Euro 2016 semi-finals, the Real Madrid man said: "We believe in ourselves."
Wales star Gareth Bale spoke of his delight at reaching a first ever major tournament semi-final after Chris Coleman's men saw off Belgium in the Euro 2016 last eight on Friday night.
Radja Nainggolan gave the Belgians an early lead with a spectacular strike, but goals from Ashley Williams, Hal Robson-Kanu and Sam Vokes led the Red Dragons to victory in Lille.
Bale and Cristiano to come face to face
Wales go on to face Portugal on Wednesday for a place in the final - a match-up that will see Bale come up against Real Madrid club-mate Cristiano Ronaldo.
And Bale said: "We fought as hard as anyone. We covered every blade of grass. I think we deserve to be in the semi-finals. We believe in ourselves. We know what we're doing.
"It means everything"
"It feels incredible," he continued. "We fully believed we could get this far. We said we'd give it a good go. We're enjoying the journey.
"It means everything. Our fans were ten times as loud despite there being much more Belgians in the crowd."
"We'll go into the semis with confidence"
Looking ahead to Wales' meeting with the Portuguese in Lyon, Bale declared: "We'll go into the semi-final with confidence. We'll do our homework and work on our game plan.
"It's not long before the next game. I'm sure there'll be a few celebrations but not too much."
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Why is Sergio Ramos not in Spain squad?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Monday 14 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen thanks life-savers and vows to understand what caused cardiac arrest
- Copa America Brazil's Tite hails Neymar but stops short of Ronaldo and Romario comparisons
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- US NEWS G7 summit recap: what did Joe Biden say about meeting Queen Elizabeth?