Real Madrid land Paraguayan forward Sergio Díaz for 5M euros
The promising teenager, one of the pearls at Cerro Porteño and an international in Paraguay's youth categories, has been likened to 'Kun' Agüero.
- Follow the coverage match of LaLiga Santander: Valencia-Real Madrid live .
Real Madrid have completed the signing of Paraguayan forward Sergio Díaz. Madrid will make a downpayment of five million euros to Asunsión-based outfit Cerro Porteño for the player - plus a further million euros in peformance-related add-ons. Sergio Díaz will sign a five-year contract and has been brought in to strengthen Real Madrid Castilla's attack for when Santiago Solari take over command for the new season. With Castilla, he will be the natural substitute for Mariano and Borja Mayoral.
The 18-year-old forward has represented Paraguay at youth level and shares the same Japanese honorific as Manchester City's Sergio Agüero - 'Kun' (Kid) - for the similarities he shares with the Argentine striker.
He made his senior debut with Cerro Porteño on 27 June 2014 and since then, has scored 16 goals in 70 outings over the past two seasons. 'Kun' Díaz is considered tio be one of the most promising talents to emerge from South America in recent years, and last year it was rumoured that Liverpool were ready to fork out 10 million euros for his services but the move was blocked by Cerro Porteño president Juan José Zapag as the player, still under 18, was deemed too young.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: US unemployment rate - 31 March 2020
- Coronavirus Coronavirus could wipe €9.3billion from top Euro squads
- FOOTBALL United contact Sancho's agent, Chelsea move for Donnarumma
- FOOTBALL Coronavirus: UEFA's plan for Europe, leagues and international football
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: total UK cases and deaths, real-time map, 31 March
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Everything you need to know about Covid-19 testing