Rakitic forced to flee after holiday home is attacked
Rakitic and his family had to leave the house on the island of Ugljan after being attacked by a band of violent fans.
- Follow the match LaLiga date 26 Barcelona-Celta live .
Barcelona's Croatian international Ivan Rakitic was forced to flee the holiday home where he and his family had been spending their summer vacations after he was attacked by a band of violent Croatia fans, local media reported on Saturday.
Six young fans hurled stones at the bayside luxury villa where Rakitic and his family had been staying.
The assailants smashed windows and broke down the door before escaping, Croatian daily Večernji list reports. Half an hour later, Rakitic and his family abandoned the island by boat.
The newspaper added that locals in Ugljan were highly excited by the Barça star's visit and now deeply saddened that they will probably get the chance to see him again. Before going on holiday, Rakitic had been involved in Euro 2016 with Croatia, who were eliminated from tournament by Portugal in the Last 16.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Why is Sergio Ramos not in Spain squad?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in European Championship? Monday 14 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- EURO 2020 Denmark's Eriksen thanks life-savers and vows to understand what caused cardiac arrest
- Copa America Brazil's Tite hails Neymar but stops short of Ronaldo and Romario comparisons
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: is it coming in June? Tax refund status, homeowner stimulus check, child tax payment...
- US NEWS G7 summit recap: what did Joe Biden say about meeting Queen Elizabeth?