Adán: "I'm not thinking about Liverpool, I'm happy at Betis"
The goalkeeper says he is happy where he is and isn't considering moving on, despite what appears on the rumour mill. "Liverpool? I've only recently renewed with Betis".Barcelona-Betis
Antonio Adán insists that he is not thinking about Liverpool, who have been linked to the Betis goalkeeper. The Merseyside club sent scouts over to Seville to compile a report on the keeper in the Week 25 game against Sporting de Gijón; but Adán says he is quite happy where he is and feels he has an important role at the Villamarín where he is one of the team's four captains.
"Liverpool? I only renewed my contract a short while ago and here at Betis I feel happy and an important part of the side; so that's something I'm not thinking about right now", said Adán, who added that he is under contract until June 2019.
Nor is the 29-year-old contemplating a return to his former club, Real Madrid. "No, that's not an option for me. I prefer only to focus on the day to day and don't think too far ahead. I'm really happy in Seville, I feel at home. The people really have really taken to me and show me their affection. Right from the start I was made to feel important and with the chance of playing every Sunday. Here, I have everything I need to feel comfortable on every level", Adán explained.
"I don't consider myself to be indispensable, but I do feel as htough I'm an important member of the team - for the number of matches I played last season and the consistency I have shown. In the medium to long term, my plan is to continue growing as a player at Betis and continue showing consistency", he continued.
Apart from Liverpool, a number of English sides have shown an interest in his services, and more recently, Turkish Süper Lig champions Beşiktaş turned their attentions to the Betis keeper as a replacement for Denys Boyko, who struggled with ongoing injury problems. "I've always liked the Premier League and maybe in the future I will get a chance to experience it first hand but like I say, I'm only interested in the present - I don't like looking to the medium or long term", Adán ended.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: child tax credit date, plus up payments in third check, how to claim
- US NEWS Covid vaccine in the US live updates today: J&J vaccine recall, blood clots, Fauci statements, My Turn...
- ROYAL FAMILY Prince Philip Funeral: what happened at the Duke of Edinburgh's Windsor ceremony?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK $600 Golden State Stimulus check: when are they being sent?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check for veterans: how to track and claim a missing payment
- MLS Carlos Vela gets mad at Bob Bradley for taking him off too early