Denis Suárez to be unveiled by Barça on Wednesday
The 22-year-old Spanish starlet is set to complete his return to the Catalans from Villarreal on a four-year contract.
Villarreal attacking midfielder Denis Suárez is to be unveiled as a Barcelona player on Wednesday, completing a 3.5-million-euro return to the Catalan club.
The news, revealed by Catalonia-based newspaper Sport earlier on Saturday, has been confirmed by Diario AS.
Buy-back option activated
On Thursday, Barça president Josep Maria Bartomeu told a press conference that a deal to bring Suárez back from El Madrigal was yet to be wrapped up.
But talks have now been completed and, with Los Azulgranas triggering a repurchase option on the 22-year-old, he is poised to rejoin the side he left two years ago, initially on loan to Sevilla.
The ex-Manchester City man is expected to put pen to paper on a four-year contract that includes the option of a further season, with his release clause fixed at 50 million euros.
The Spaniard is set to be joined at the Camp Nou by Lyon defender Samuel Umtiti, with the France international to undergo a medical after Euro 2016.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?