Pep willing to up the ante: €75 million for Kroos
The German international remains at the top of Pep’s summer transfer target list but reports suggest that a clause in his contract means Madrid would be due hefty compensation if he leaves against their will.
Toni Kroos is once again being touted as Pep Guardiola’s top target to bolster his midfield at Manchester City. According to ESPN, the Catalan coach has his heart set on bringing Kroos onboard and has urged the club to pay up to €75 million for the Real Madrid man.
Such a bid it is hoped would persuade Madrid to sell, an absolutely necessary prerequisite for any deal to go ahead given that, as reported by Football Leaks, the player has a clause in his contract dictating that €300 million compensation would be due if he leaves against the club’s will.
Another factor in Kroos’ touted move to the Etihad is where Paul Pogba ends up. If the Frenchman does end up swapping Turin for Madrid, Kroos’ position at the club could be reconsidered, especially if such a big bid were to come in. Kroos has never hidden his admiration for Guardiola, the man he has openly described as the “best manager I’ve ever had,” and a potential reunion in the English North West this summer isn’t beyond the realm of possibility.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022