Pep willing to up the ante: €75 million for Kroos
The German international remains at the top of Pep’s summer transfer target list but reports suggest that a clause in his contract means Madrid would be due hefty compensation if he leaves against their will.
Toni Kroos is once again being touted as Pep Guardiola’s top target to bolster his midfield at Manchester City. According to ESPN, the Catalan coach has his heart set on bringing Kroos onboard and has urged the club to pay up to €75 million for the Real Madrid man.
Such a bid it is hoped would persuade Madrid to sell, an absolutely necessary prerequisite for any deal to go ahead given that, as reported by Football Leaks, the player has a clause in his contract dictating that €300 million compensation would be due if he leaves against the club’s will.
Another factor in Kroos’ touted move to the Etihad is where Paul Pogba ends up. If the Frenchman does end up swapping Turin for Madrid, Kroos’ position at the club could be reconsidered, especially if such a big bid were to come in. Kroos has never hidden his admiration for Guardiola, the man he has openly described as the “best manager I’ve ever had,” and a potential reunion in the English North West this summer isn’t beyond the realm of possibility.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is ivermectin and how does it work?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: UK lockdown could end "in weeks" says government advisor
- Coronavirus Coronavirus UK: Police chief calls for public to play their part this weekend
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: what is furlough and how will it affect workers?
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Details of Neymar Sr's meeting with Bartomeu to resolve lawsuit revealed
- India Coronavirus India: Why and when to switch off lights and light candles?