Pep willing to up the ante: €75 million for Kroos
The German international remains at the top of Pep’s summer transfer target list but reports suggest that a clause in his contract means Madrid would be due hefty compensation if he leaves against their will.
Toni Kroos is once again being touted as Pep Guardiola’s top target to bolster his midfield at Manchester City. According to ESPN, the Catalan coach has his heart set on bringing Kroos onboard and has urged the club to pay up to €75 million for the Real Madrid man.
Such a bid it is hoped would persuade Madrid to sell, an absolutely necessary prerequisite for any deal to go ahead given that, as reported by Football Leaks, the player has a clause in his contract dictating that €300 million compensation would be due if he leaves against the club’s will.
Another factor in Kroos’ touted move to the Etihad is where Paul Pogba ends up. If the Frenchman does end up swapping Turin for Madrid, Kroos’ position at the club could be reconsidered, especially if such a big bid were to come in. Kroos has never hidden his admiration for Guardiola, the man he has openly described as the “best manager I’ve ever had,” and a potential reunion in the English North West this summer isn’t beyond the realm of possibility.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS $1,400 third stimulus check live updates today: Biden executive order, when to expect and who will get it
- UFC UFC 257 Poirier vs McGregor: how & where to watch - times, TV, online
- PREMIER LEAGUE De Bruyne injured: how will Manchester City cope without star?
- Football AS chooses its Legends XI: The greatest soccer team ever
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Koeman concerned about fatigue, fixtures and injuries
- SERIE A Fernando Llorente close to making Udinese move