Leicester seal €16 million deal for Nampalys Mendy
The Nice midfielder played for Claudio Ranieri at Monaco and has signed a four-year deal at the King Power Stadium.
- Champions League round of 16 second leg : Leicester vs Sevilla live online .
Premier League champions Leicester have signed former France Under-21 midfielder Nampalys Mendy from Nice on a four-year deal, both clubs confirmed on Sunday.
The 24-year-old, who helped Nice to fourth place in Ligue 1 last season, has signed for an undisclosed fee which is reported to be around €16 million ($17.8m).
"I like the Premier League and I follow every match. It's fast and physical and I want to impose myself on the league."
'I am very happy to come to Leicester City. The team have just enjoyed a great season and it's excellent to be here,' Mendy told the club's official website.
'For me I want to play at this level. I like the Premier League and I follow every match. It's fast and physical and I want to impose myself on the league.'
Mendy, who played 110 Ligue 1 games for Nice, worked under Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri during a spell with Monaco, and becomes the club's third signing of the summer after Germany goalkeeper Ron-Robert Zieler and Spanish defender Luis Hernandez.
'I know the coach, I know his mentality and I know his philosophy. When he speaks it's direct and clear and for me I like this,' he added.
If the transfer fee is confirmed it would be the biggest in Nice's history after striker Loïc Rémy's transfer to Marseille in 2010.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US Covid-19 relief package update
- US Election 2020 US Election 2020: when are the presidential debates and how many will there be?
- Trump Why has former Trump campaign manager Brad Pascale been hospitalized?
- Football Saudi Arabian clash between Al-Nassr, Al-Ahli in ACL quarter-final
- REAL MADRID Kroos: Real Madrid confirm muscle injury following tests