Mikel Arteta leaves Arsenal to join Guardiola at Manchester City
Mikel Arteta announces his departure from Arsenal as a player to join Pep Guardiola on the Manchester City coaching team.
Manchester City have their ltest signing: Mikel Arteta is moving north to join the revolution of the Cityzens led by Pep Guardiola. The ex-Arsenal man who came through the youth system at Barcelona's La Masia is joining the technical team at the Etihad, as announced on the Manchester City official site:
Arteta spent three seasons with Barça B, one with PSG (on loan), two seasons at Rangers, before he went back to Spain with Real Sociedad for a single season before spending six seasons at Everton and five at Arsenal where his playing career has come to an end.
Arteta released this statement on his official Twitter account:
Hi all, here a statement from me on the next chapter in my football career... pic.twitter.com/2Xb9VifCog— Mikel Arteta (@m8arteta) 3 July 2016
Arteta will work with Guardiola again, bringing a deep knowledge of the British game having spent 13 seasons playing there, winning the Scottish Premier League with Rangers and the FA Cup two years in a row with Arsenal (2013/14 & 2014/15). valuable experience for Pep to draw from that includes 330 matches played.
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clasico Real Madrid - Barcelona: El Clasico latest news, updates
- El Clasico: How last five Barca bosses fared in their first Madrid clash
- El Clasico Setién out to continue record against Zidane's Real Madrid
- Transfer market Madrid and Barcelona on alert as Napoli name Koulibaly price
- The GOATs 'Cristiano Ronaldo better than Messi believers know nothing'
- Leeds United Kiko Casilla given 8 match ban for racial abuse of Jonathan Leko