Mikel Arteta leaves Arsenal to join Guardiola at Manchester City
Mikel Arteta announces his departure from Arsenal as a player to join Pep Guardiola on the Manchester City coaching team.
Manchester City have their ltest signing: Mikel Arteta is moving north to join the revolution of the Cityzens led by Pep Guardiola. The ex-Arsenal man who came through the youth system at Barcelona's La Masia is joining the technical team at the Etihad, as announced on the Manchester City official site:
Arteta spent three seasons with Barça B, one with PSG (on loan), two seasons at Rangers, before he went back to Spain with Real Sociedad for a single season before spending six seasons at Everton and five at Arsenal where his playing career has come to an end.
Arteta released this statement on his official Twitter account:
Hi all, here a statement from me on the next chapter in my football career... pic.twitter.com/2Xb9VifCog— Mikel Arteta (@m8arteta) 3 July 2016
Arteta will work with Guardiola again, bringing a deep knowledge of the British game having spent 13 seasons playing there, winning the Scottish Premier League with Rangers and the FA Cup two years in a row with Arsenal (2013/14 & 2014/15). valuable experience for Pep to draw from that includes 330 matches played.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What's happening with GameStop stocks, Wall Street and Reddit?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check: how could it be different from the first and second ones?
- US NEWS What has Biden said about the use of private prisons?
- US NEWS How many Republican senators have voted to dismiss Trump's impeachment?
- US NEWS How many extra doses of coronavirus vaccines has Biden ordered?
- FOOTBALL UEFA commits to 12 host cities for Euro 2020