Reports: Khedira will miss the rest of Euro 2016
The German midfielder limped off with a groin muscle injury just 15 minutes into the quarter-final against Italy.
Germany look set to be without key midfielder Sami Khedira for the rest of Euro 2016 due to a groin muscle tear, according to reports in the German media on Sunday.
Khedira limped out of Saturday's quarter-final win over Italy on penalties after just 15 minutes to be replaced by captain Bastian Schweinsteiger.
According to German football magazine Kicker, the Juventus midfielder suffered 'at least a partial tear in the adductor of his left thigh.'
Khedira will undergo a scan later on Sunday to diagnose the full extent of the injury.
The news comes as a huge blow to Joachim Loew's men ahead of a semi-final showdown with hosts France or surprise package Iceland on Thursday.
The world champions are already without defender Mats Hummels for the match in Marseille as he picked up his second yellow card of the tournament against the Italians.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setien admits he got a huge fright in Ibiza
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Gil Marín statement backing Simeone and calling for calm
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp says nothing 'inevitable' about Liverpool winning title
- LALIGA Valencia vs Barcelona: how and where to watch
- REAL SOCIEDAD Willian José: "Record it, record it...so you can tell your lies!"
- BUNDESLIGA Five goals in 57 minutes for Haaland at Borussia Dortmund