Reports: Khedira will miss the rest of Euro 2016
The German midfielder limped off with a groin muscle injury just 15 minutes into the quarter-final against Italy.
Germany look set to be without key midfielder Sami Khedira for the rest of Euro 2016 due to a groin muscle tear, according to reports in the German media on Sunday.
Khedira limped out of Saturday's quarter-final win over Italy on penalties after just 15 minutes to be replaced by captain Bastian Schweinsteiger.
According to German football magazine Kicker, the Juventus midfielder suffered 'at least a partial tear in the adductor of his left thigh.'
Khedira will undergo a scan later on Sunday to diagnose the full extent of the injury.
The news comes as a huge blow to Joachim Loew's men ahead of a semi-final showdown with hosts France or surprise package Iceland on Thursday.
The world champions are already without defender Mats Hummels for the match in Marseille as he picked up his second yellow card of the tournament against the Italians.
Te recomendamos en English
- MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dead: updates, latest news and reactions
- Maradona How did Maradona die: cause of death of the Argentinean legend
- Coronavirus What are the possible side effects of the covid-19 vaccines?
- DIEGO MARADONA 1960-2020 Maradona dies at 60: football world pays tribute to Argentina great
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US News Black Friday: origin, history and why is called Black Friday?