Batshuayi signs 5 year deal at Chelsea
The Belgian striker has joined from Marseille with Chelsea reportedly paying up to €40 million.
Belgian international striker Michy Batshuayi has signed a five-year contract with Chelsea, the Premier League club confirmed on Sunday, after joining from French club Marseille in a deal which could be worth up to a reported €40 million.
A €6.5 million signing from Standard Liege in 2014, Batshuayi scored 17 goals in Ligue 1 last season, and 23 times in all competitions. His bright performances were a highlight of what was a very disappointing season for L’OM, finishing 13th and just 9 points clear of the drop.
Batshuayi took to Twitter on Saturday to say goodbye to the club and its fans: “'Above all, I particularly want to thank all the supporters of OM: during my two years with the club I have loved since I was young, you have shown me your affection and support.”
He added: “It's been a big honour for me to have worn this jersey at the Velodrome, a stadium which you have made magnificent with an atmosphere which is unique in France."
The 22-year-old was part of the Belgium squad at Euro 2016 and netted with his first touch on his tournament debut, converting a cross from his new Chelsea team-mate Eden Hazard in a 4-0 win over Hungary. His side ultimately crashed out in a surprise 3-1 quarter final defeat to unfancied Wales.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What will the new IRS income tax brackets be for 2021?
- Coronavirus stimulus checks IRS extends $500 stimulus check for kids deadline - when is the new date and how do you claim it?
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?
- US ELECTIONS Will Amish people vote in the 2020 USA Elections?
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live online updates: cases, deaths, stimulus checks and latest news
- UNITED STATES USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news