Guardiola asked to sign Messi at Manchester City: "Sorry, Barça.."
Pep Guardiola was asked if he's going to sign Messi from Barcelona: "I think he's not a bad player, you know, but Messi should stay at Barcelona for his whole career. I'm sorry".
It was a big day for Manchester City as Pep Guardiola was finally unveiled as official manager of the Cityzens, the club has been using the Hashtag #ItBegins to promote the event. With a large gathering outside the stadium, fans were allowed to ask questions, and one enquired if Barcelona star Lionel Messi was on the new manager's shopping list.
"Well, I think he's not a bad player, you know", smiled the ex-Barça man wryly, "but Messi should stay at Barcelona for his entire career. I'm sorry".
Manchester's blue club has made much fanfare of Guardiola's beginning, will he lead a Cityzens revolution and bring City to the top of English and European football?
Pep: "Thank you to Manchester City for giving me this opportunity. I am pretty sure we are going to enjoy." #ItBegins— Manchester City (@ManCity) 3 July 2016
Pep: "I have to know my players. Hug them - kick their a***! One of my dreams was to play here as a footballer. Now my dream has come true."— Manchester City (@ManCity) 3 July 2016
Te recomendamos en English
- Football Edinson Cavani apologises for social media post
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- LIGA MX Paul Aguilar will play in Major League Soccer next year
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022
- US Election 2020 US Election: when is the electoral college vote?
- FORTNITE Fortnite Galactus Live Event: date and times