Arsenal bring in Japanese forward Takuma Asano
Asano, 21, made his senior international debut last year and has made 56 appearances in Japan's top flight, the J-League with Sanfrecce Hiroshima.
Arsenal announced on Sunday that they have signed Japanese forward Takuma Asano from J-League outfit, Sanfrecce Hiroshima. Once he passes a medical revision, the 21-year-old will sign his new contract and get ready to begin the pre-season with the Gunners although he is expected to be loaned out ahead of the new campaign. He could make his debut in Arsenal's first friendly of the summer, against Boreham Wood at Meadow Park on 16 July
Asano made his senior international debut with Japan last year and has made 56 appearances in top flight with Sanfrecce Hiroshima..
Arsène Wenger said of his new recruit: "“Takuma is a talented young striker and very much one for the future. He has had an impressive start to his career in Japan and we look forward to him developing over the next couple of years.”
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus If coronavirus can’t be contained in the US it is predicted to cause over 3,000 deaths in a single day
- Serie A Coronavirus: Serie A clubs unanimously in favour of up to one-third pay cut for players
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Boris Johnson moved to intensive care in London
- Coronavirus CDC face masks: how to make, use and other instructions
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Can pets get infected with COVID-19?
- Football Radomir Antic, former Real Madrid, Atlético and Barcelona coach, dies aged 71