James Rodriguez may be on holiday in the U.S., but the transfer speculation doesn't rest with his name popping up on a daily basis in transfer news and speculation.
The Colombian star's appearances dropped off and he saw little game-time under Zinedine Zidane, relegated to Real Madrid's La Liga B-team while many of the the first XI rested between big European Champions League ties.
The fact that James hasn't found a place under Zidane, and the growing boos from the crowd as his performances failed to set the Bernabéu alight have fanned the flames of transfer rumours, the latest coming from France.
Yahoo Sports France reported on Sunday that James is in "advanced talks" with PSG about a potential move to Paris.
"PSG has hit the accelerator on the transfer market. After the arrival of Unai Emery, Hatem Ben Arfa and Grzegorz Krychowiak, the directors have turned their attention to James", said the french site, continuing:
"According to information obtained by someone close to the president of the club, the negotiations are at an advanced stage with Jorge Mendes and James".
Yahoo concludes that "the PSG board is in constant contact with James, who has shown interest in the project".
Te recomendamos en English
- DIEGO MARADONA Maradona's inheritance: the fortune includes houses and cars
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Barcelona go for five in a row, Ronaldo after another record
- PREMIER LEAGUE Mourinho optimistic over Kane return for Arsenal
- ARSENAL Arteta confident goals will come for Arsenal
- US NEWS US Elections: Georgia elections official tells Trump to stop inspiring violence
- US congress What has Congress said about the government shutdown deadline?