Madrid returned 1,000 tickets for Champions League final
The latest news on the comings and goings at Real Madrid from AS journalist Javier Matallanas.
Real Madrid 'wasted' 1,000 Champions League final tickets
Real Madrid took 1,000 tickets for the 2015/16 Champions League final against Atlético Madrid in Milan, but didn't end up using them.
The club, run by Florentino Pérez took the 1,000 tickets with the intention of using them for directors' contacts and other institutional purposes, but in the end didn't get round to giving them away, and had to send them back to UEFA.
No doubt the Real Madrid fans who missed out on being in the stadium due to Real Madrid receiving so few tickets won't be too pleased to hear the news...
Pressure growing for Real Madrid women's side
With Atlético Fémininas beating Barcelona in the Copa de la Reina the debate has reopened at Real Madrid as to why the club doesn't have a women's side.
Florentino Pérez has always refused to contemplate the possibility of a women's team at Real Madrid, but now various individuals within the club and in supporters groups are once again trying to convince him. They fail to understand how the "best club in the world" as Real Madrid likes to style itself still doesn't have a women's team in the second decade of the 21st century.
Pressure is also coming from LaLiga for Real Madrid to set up a women's team, as they believe it would mean the start of a new era for the women's game in Spain.
No doubt Florentino will be listening to the suggestion and will approve the plan at the next assembly, if not sooner...
Te recomendamos en English
- SERIE A Ronaldo scores in his 1,000th game
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Quique Setién: "Messi is a guarantee for any coach"
- BARCELONA 5-0 EIBAR Braithwaite after Barcelona debut: "I won't wash my clothes after hugging Messi"
- Bundesliga Paderborn confirm death of 14-month-old girl at Bayern game
- BARCELONA 5 - 0 EIBAR Real Madrid badge spotted on scoreboard at the Camp Nou
- Levante v Real Madrid Hazard off injured during Levante-Real Madrid with Clásico next week